- Max number of simultaneous mixing channels
96 mono inputs into 35 Outputs. Pairs of mono inputs can be linked to create stereo channels.
- Insert points
24 insert send/return pairs can be configured (using available I/O) and assigned to any of the 96 inputs or 35 output channels.
- Direct Outputs
All 96 input channels can have direct outputs in addition to their internal bus routing, assuming sufficient I/O is available (eg optical MADI card).
32 Grp/Aux/Matrix, plus main LCR Mix and LR Solo busses (maximum of 16 matrix outputs can be configured).
- Connection from local rack to stagebox: Standard fit: Cat5 or Cat7 cable, with Amphenol RJF connectors. Optional: Fibre Optical interface card (additional cost).
- Max distance, local rack to stagebox: 100m using Soundcraft-approved flexible reel-mounted Cat5 cable, 130m using Cat7 permanent installation cable.
- GPIO facility: There are 16 GPIO contact closure inputs and outputs on the local rack, and 8 inputs and outputs on the stagebox.
- MIDI: There is 1 MIDI In and 2 MIDI Outs on the rear of the control surface.
- New-look 3D-Vistonics touchscreen graphics, as Vi000-series consoles
- 30-second Fast-boot
- Faster surface response, particularly on layer changes
- Functioning Setup buttons for encoder USER mode assign and F1-6-key assign
- Shure Mic Monitoring
- Full-featured ViSi Remote, with EQ, Dynamics & metering (V6.2 s/w and ViSi Remote V3.2 onwards)
- ‘Mirroring’ of two consoles (V6.2 s/w onwards)
- Ability to control the console on-line using Virtual Vi as well as the Control Surface
- Input channels assignable to Master Bay feature (V6.2 s/w onwards)
- Increased number of insert points (64) and tie lines (128)
- Ability to use the upgraded Surface with either a Vi4/6 ‘Classic’ Local Rack, or a Vi5/7000 Local Rack *
- Local I/O can either use original passive breakout box on Classic Local Rack, or ABB on Vi5/7000 Local Rack
- Ability to benefit from future software updates on the V6.x software platform (new features may be restricted compared with Vi000-series due to the limitations of the surface and DSP in the Local Rack)
|Frequency Response – Stagebox Mic input to Line output||+0/-1dB, 20Hz-20kHz|
|AES/EBU In to AES/EBU Out||+0/-0.2dB, 20Hz-20kHz|
|Stagebox Mic In (min gain) to Local Line Out||<0.003% @ 1kHz|
|Stagebox Mic In (max gain) to Local Line Out||<0.020% @ 1kHz|
|Local Line In to Line Out||<0.003% @ 1kHz|
|Mic Input E.I.N||<-126dBu (150Ω source); 22Hz-22kHz bandwidth, unweighted|
|Residual Noise||-95dBu – Stagebox line output; no inputs routed, Mix fader @0dB|
|CMRR||80dB @ 1kHz|
|Latency: Stagebox Mic Input to Local Line output||< 2ms @48kHz|
|AES/EBU Input Sample Rate||32–108kHz (with SRC enabled)|
|DSP Resolution||40-bit floating point|
|Internal Clock Accuracy||< +/- 50ppm|
|Internal Clock Jitter||< +/- 5ns|
|External Sync||BNC Wordclock, AES/EBU sync in, Video sync in|
|Input & Output Levels – Mic Inputs||+28dBu max|
|Input & Output Levels – Line Inputs||+22dBu max|
|Input & Output Levels – Line Outputs||+22dBu max|
|Input & Output Levels – Nominal Operating Level||+4dBu (-18dBFS)|
|Input & Output Impedances – Mic Inputs||2k7Ω|
|Input & Output Impedances – All other analogue Inputs||>10kΩ|
|Input & Output Impedances – Line Outputs||<75Ω|
|Input & Output Impedances – AES/EBU Outputs||110Ω|
|Oscillator||20Hz to 20kHz/Pink/White Noise, variable level|
|Stagebox HP Filter||80Hz fixed, 12dB per octave|
|Channel HP filter||20Hz-600Hz, 18dB per octave|
|Channel LP filter||1kHz-20kHz, 18dB per octave|
|EQ (Inputs and Bus Outputs) – HF||20Hz-20kHz, +/-18dB, Q= 0.3-8.7 or shelving|
|EQ (Inputs and Bus Outputs) – Hi-Mid||20Hz-20kHz, +/-18dB, Q=0.3-8.7|
|EQ (Inputs and Bus Outputs) – Lo-Mid||20Hz-20kHz, +/-18dB, Q=0.3-8.7|
|EQ (Inputs and Bus Outputs) – LF||20Hz-20kHz, +/-18dB, Q= 0.3-8.7 or shelving|
|Metering||Internal 20-segment LED bargraphs plus 9-segment gain reduction meters for all inputs and Outputs. Peak hold variable from 0-2s.|
|Mains Voltage Operating Range||90-264V, 47-63Hz, auto-ranging|
|Mains Power Consumption – Control Surface||155W (165W with redundant option)|
|Mains Power Consumption – Local Rack||140W (150W with redundant option)|
|Mains Power Consumption – Stagebox||140W (150W with redundant option)|
|Internal Mass Storage||16GB SSD Hard Drive|
|Temperature/Humidity Range – Operating Temperature Range||0°C – 45°C (32°F – 113°F)|
|Temperature/Humidity Range – Relative Humidity||0% – 90%, non-condensing Ta=40°C (104°F)|
|Temperature/Humidity Range – Storage Temperature Range||-20°C – 60°C (-4°F – 140°F)|